Tall windows can be a truly captivating component of any home. They add a sense of grandiosity to the room, while also being a great source of natural light. But such impressive windows require some equally impressive window coverings. This article will take a look at some of the best treatment options available for tall windows. So, let’s dig in and take a look at some of these window treatment solutions.
Motorized shades are particularly useful for very tall windows, where a cord may be too high to reach or simply might require too much pulling.
- Motorized shades let you conveniently control the height of your shades from the push of a button. Even if you’re lounging in bed, you can give yourself optimal lighting!
- With very tall windows, it can be a difficult task to manually adjust shades to the desired height. Even if you hit the bench press regularly, motorized shades are sure to help you out with this task.
- Because they eliminate the need for long, dangling cords, motorized shades are also an ideal and safe option for homes with children and pets.
Do as the Romans do! Roman shades are a sleek, luxurious and classic option for your tall windows.
- Available in a number of high-quality fabrics, common designs for Roman Shades include a looped style with soft, overlapping folds that create a cascading effect, or a flat style for a clean, classic look.
- Roman shades add a touch of sophistication and drama to your windows, drawing your eyes to the top of the window when fully raised, making any room look even taller.
- For added depth and interest, drapery can be added to Roman shades. A solid Roman shade will break up a patterned drapery and give your windows a chic new look.
Other Window Treatment Options
There are, of course, many other options available out there for your tall windows.
- Roller Shades – A classic window treatment that comes in a wide variety of fabrics and styles. Typically, roller shades can be pulled by hand to adjust light and privacy levels. They are an economical covering option that can complement almost any decor with minimal maintenance.
- Cellular Shades – A clean, modern look for tall windows, their energy efficiency is perfect for keeping things cool in your home. The best part is both the top and bottom of your shades can move independently, giving you complete and precise control over the amount of light penetrating your home, as well as providing optimal privacy.
- Drapery – The most traditional choice when it comes to tall windows. Drapery can feel beautifully dramatic, adding a regal feel to your home. Adding valances and tie backs gives you endless style options for your grand drapery.
Take Your Window Treatments to New Heights
As such a dramatic, imposing element in your home, your tall windows deserve coverings as elegant as they are. As we’ve seen, there are many great options out there, each with their own advantages. Whichever option you go with, you’re sure to end up with a wonderfully tasteful room that gives you all the light and privacy you need.
Be sure to check out this extensive collection of great window coverings.