When neck skin loses its firmness, people, probably including yourself, turn to Google to search for the best neck lift cream but these products do not come cheap so that those desperate for a solution soon search for the best neck firming cream over the counter.
The best neck firming cream over the counter may not necessarily be the best formulation that complements your skin, however. How do you know any better? First, you need to do your own research to become better educated about saggy skin issues and the best solutions that complement each one. Second, you need to know how the best neck lift cream looks like to know what you should be looking for, these are listed below along with 11 other tips that will help you enjoy firm and tight neck skin in spite of your mature age:
- Use a Neck Cream. Here’s a fact: whether your product can be purchased right off the counter or, with a dermatologist’s prescription, what’s important is what is inside the bottle. You want to find peptides in there which support faster skin repair and rejuvenation functions or, that even raise collagen production by a significant volume at record speeds. You can use various neck creams like Revivatone, StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream, Dermagist Neck Restoration Cream etc. Why? Simply because your skin needs to cope with damage that have piled up for decades. Other ingredients that are good to have are hyaluronic acid, humectants and glycerin to pull up and firm up your skin, antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals, and maybe some essential oils, vitamins and minerals that help replenish your skin’s lost nourishment.
- Apply Vitamin A. Speaking of OTC and prescription only, here is another skincare favorite that are available via these dispensing methods. Vitamin A is a beauty vitamin in all respects. It eliminates dead and damaged skin, while simultaneously promoting the resurfacing of a newer, lesser damaged layer. That’s why Vitamin A is recommended for the improvement of fine lines and wrinkles , loose skin, and hyper pigmentation.
- Regular Exfoliation. This must be the most vital part of any skincare regimen at any age. It is so important that even people with sensitive skin or, diagnosed with specials skin conditions should have it in their routines although, if you have these conditions, it is best to let skincare your specialist guide you on what will work best for your skin. Now, this is the DIY part of yoiur exfoliation routine which, ideally you should be performing once up to thrice weekly.
- Professional Chemical Peel. In general there are two methods of exfoliation: physical and chemical. Physical exfoliation involves the use of an abrasive instrument or a scrub to scrape off the dead and damaged skin. Microdermabrasion and diamond peels are a form of physical exfoliators.
- Laser and Radio Frequency Treatments. For saggy neck skin, you should ask about Laser Skin Resurfacing where skincare clinics often combine laser skin treatment and radio frequency therapy. The laser treatment part scrapes off the damaged layer of the skin. Unlike physical and chemical exfoliation techniques, laser treatments are precise and accurate that only the damaged skin on the damaged layer is deliberately wounded, the rest of your skin, including adjacent areas, are left unscathed. RF, on the other hand, is the part that lifts the undamaged skin layer up to replace the sloughed off layer. While laser treatments also benefit your skin by stimulating higher collagen production, RF magnifies that effect. By using radio waves that can penetrate your skin deeply, your skin cells are re-energized and revitalized, giving it the energy necessary to pull off the kind and extent of repair required to patch and replace the damaged skin.
- Ultrasound Therapy. Another completely non-invasive procedure that can help dramatically firm up your skin, ultrasound therapy utilizes ultrasound waves to stimulate sluggish skin cells. It facilitates more energy to be circulated to power up various cellular level mechanisms that are involved in repairing and regenerating your skin. It is quickly becoming a favorite, even among celebrities, just like RF treatments which is not surprising because of the no downtime and the visible results that follow. It may take several ‘ultherapy’ sessions, however, before you see any noticeable improvements on your sagging skin.
- Neck exercises. Nobody believed them before, just like nobody believed that making funny faces to exercises your facial muscles were also key to preserving or restoring youthful skin — when these first made a buzz, that is. Years after and the results are in, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t learn neck exercises too.
- Regular workouts. Experts now finally seem to have found a middle ground between not exercising to keep your skin from sagging and exercising your way to firmer skin. The middle ground is this: keep your workouts at a moderate level so as not to damage your skin’s elasticity from the intense bouncing up and down.
- Eat right. You feed your skin from the surface so why not feed it from within as well? Eat nutritious foods — the closer you can get to the source the better. As much as you can, prepare your meals too.
- Stay hydrated. Moisture deprived skin is an easy victim of saggy skin. Other than making sure you have your moisturizer on, always have a bottle of water with you.
- Sleep. Help your skin recover from damage faster and more effectively by sleeping your way out of it. Your body cells, and not just your skin cells, work faster repairs and rejuvenation while you’re asleep.
- Sun protect. Stop UV from reaching your skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 and UVA/UVB protection is good but, you need to get better with your sun protection strategy. Stay indoors when you can, darken window shades, and use your hat.
Saggy skin can make you suffer a serious setback when it comes to winning the war you are fighting with skin aging. Don’t let it bring you down. If you dwell on the misery of watching your skin go from high to low, you’ll tend to miss out on more opportunities to arrest the damage immediately. So, get your act together and get on these 12 tips right now.