Plants bring color and life into the home and require little maintenance. For today, we have a few tips and tricks for indoor gardens.
If you want to learn how to select plants, pots and the best location for your home garden, then you are on the right destination.
1. Position plants carefully
Look for the best location for each plant, and don’t be afraid to try different spots until you find the best one.
- Direct light means the plant needs six or more hours of bright sunshine a day.
- Moderate light means the plant needs bright, direct sunshine about four hours a day.
- Indirect light means the plant needs to be kept a few feet away form pounding sun at all times.
- Low light means the plant needs no direct sunshine.
Eastern and western windows are sunny for part of the day, southern windows tend to be sunny for much of the day, while the north-facing windows don’t receive much light. Buildings, shrubs and trees can block light, so get to know your home to find the best location for your plant.
Water your plants bottom up by standing them in a dish and filling the dish with water. For this method of watering to work, all containers should have holes in the bottom through which the water is absorbed. You need to water the plants only when you notice the potting mix feels dry to the touch. Over watering can kill your plants. The plants need more frequent watering in summer season.
3. Healthy Leaves
When choosing plants, you need to be selective. Look for firm, healthy foliage.
- Too big pot means too much soil that holds too much water – which can rot the roots of the plant. So, when you are replanting, use a container the same size as the one the plant came in or two inches larger.
- The pots should always have a drainage hole in the bottom.
- Terra-cotta pots are durable, but also hold moisture longer, which gives you a little adventage is you are forgetful about watering your plants.
So, what do you think about these indoor gardens, tips and tricks? Do you find them useful? Please share your comments with me! Enjoy in the rest of your day and don’t forget to stay up to date with the content of Top Dreamer!