We often forget about the importance of having a good mattress. It is not a secret that mattresses will lose their shape after long years of using, so this could be the main reason for your sleepless nights. Mainly, the life of a mattress depends on usage and quality. Most of them need to be replaced every 7 to 10 years. Losing quality means that a mattress gives uneven support, which results in pain and stiffness. If you wake up with back pain then it is very likely that your old mattress needs to go. Dents and sagging spots are a clear sign that it is time for a change. If your mattress is eligible for a change, the following Mattress Buying Tips will help you in the search!
Type Of Mattress
Before you run off to the store, you need to get informed about the product that you want to buy. In general, you can find innerspring and memory foam mattress. The first option is cheaper, but it will start losing its shape after 5 years. But, some people might not find the springs so comfortable.
On the other hand, dense memory foam offers better back support. It costs far more than an innerspring one but will remain in good shape for a longer time. So, which one is better? We can say that this is individual and you have to consider all the pros and cons of each type.
if you want to increase the comfort of your mattress, you can always choose a topper. This is a removable part that sits on top, that is there to offer you additional dose of comfort and warmth. Before you proceed to buy one, make sure that you check some mattress topper reviews like these ones.
The right size truly matters. When picking the right one for you, consider the width and length. Tall people know the struggle when they have to sleep on a hotel room mattress that is shorter. It is recommended that you choose a mattress that is at least 4-5 inches longer than your body. You don’t buy this thing often, so the mattress size terminology can be difficult to understand.However, these are the things that you need to know:
- Twin mattress is the smallest one that you can get that is good for a single adult or a kid. With dimensions of 38” x 75” , this one is not suitable for tall people.
- King size mattress dimension is 76” x 80”. This means that it measures as two twin mattresses joined together. This size is ideal for couples that want a little bit more space, or to sleep with their pet. Keep in mind that this one is meant for the large master bedrooms.
- Full/Double Mattress measures 54” x 75”. This one is perfect for tall people, or individuals that like more space. also, this can b a good couple bed for small bedrooms.
- Queen Mattress are the most popular choice for couples, with dimensions of 60” x 80”. It offers enough space for a couple, while fitting in a small master bedroom.
- California King Mattress is the biggest one that you can get. With dimensions of 72” x 84”, this is the perfect choice for families that like to sleep with their children.