One of the best ways to add charm to your house exterior is to add some flower boxes to beautify your windows. They can be quite versatile both in size as well as in the type of plants. So, since the new season is officially here, we wanted to get you familiar with the best plants for making wonderful spring window boxes.
But first of all, let us give you some tips of how to choose the right window box.
- Choose the boxes according to the windows.
- They should span the entire width of the window area and positioned in a way so that it can be watered from the inside.
- They should also complement with the architecture.
- And of course, the boxes should be secured well. They can be quite heavy when they are filled with soil and plants and you definitely won’t like to find them broken into pieces on the ground.
Best plants for spring window boxes
Spring is the loveliest time of the year, when flowers are blooming and adding a splash of color to any place. So, you should definitely prepare your spring window boxes. There are many plants that you can choose from such as:
- scented plants – lavender, mint, jasmine, rosemary etc.,
- flowers that attract butterflies – lavender, alliums, buddleia
- primroses, pansies and violas grow well in cooler climates
- petunias, nasturtiums and marigold are perfect for hot climates.
Choose the ones that you like the best as well as the one that will look great with your house exterior. And these ideas that you can see here are just some of the best ones that you can get inspired from.
Spring window boxes are a must to add a splash of color to your house exterior, so make sure you add some. Tell us in the comments which one from the above ideas did you like the best. And of course, stay up to date with the content of Top Dreamer to find many other decor ideas for your outdoors.