Keeping makeup fresh in summers can be a challenge and for girls who have a super oily skin like me, it can be a big struggle! I can’t even re-collect as to how much money I have spent on low as well as high end products to fight my shiny skin. After experimenting with dozens of products, I realized that most I needed were some tips and tricks to purchase products as per my skin type correctly. Here is a countdown of some products and tips which have helped me fight my super shiny skin:
- Build a solid base – Oily skin brings along the problem of large pores too. And dealing with them can be frustrating. Invest your money in a primer which is mattifying as well reduces your pore size. Benefit the porefessional and Revlon Photoready primer perform real well. They help create a smooth base so that foundation glides on easily, minimizes the pore size and helps makeup stay for longer. You can shop from a variety of primers online at discounted prices with the advantage of cash back using Amazon offers present on CashKaro.com.
- Three times is the charm! – When it comes to applying powder on your skin, don’t just keep it for the last. Apply loose powder on your skin after primer. Then apply it before you put on blush, contour and highlighting powder. Finally, seal all the makeup with a third layer of powder. If you use loose powder properly, trust me that the result won’t be cakey. Putting on powder after primer ensures that your foundation sticks on to your face for long. And putting on two more layers of it makes sure that the other face products do not fade away fast.
- Make liquid eyeliner your new best friend! – I know of a lot of pencil eyeliners that stay for super long on my super oily eyelids but if I have to put in blind faith in someone, it will be liquid eyeliners. I especially swear by Maybelline hyper glossy liquid eyeliner which is affordable, water-resistant and smudge proof. I never have to worry about ending with panda eyes with it on my eyelids. Thety are difficult to apply at first but with a few practice sessions, you should be fine. Never worry about checking your eyeliner again and again in the mirror with your eyes sporting them. You can purchase it online at a further economical price by using Nykaa coupons available on CashKaro.com.
- Use a water based foundation – The formula you choose in foundation is either a deal breaker or deal maker. Applying foundations that contain even a low percentage of oil will obviously add to the existing oiliness on your face. Water based foundations are your best bet. They are very light-weight and blend in easily. And there are low chances that they will cause pimples on your face. Go for non-comedogenic formulas so that your pores aren’t blocked.
- Blot and Blot! – However expensive and high quality products be, an oily skin will start producing oil after 3-4 hours after which a touch-up is a must. But before you start putting on your compact powder again, listen! Does it make sense to you to apply powder on an already oily skin? Do you think it will take the shine away? No, right? The trick here is to use effective oil blotting sheets first not just to remove excess shine but also because it is hygienic. Some sheets like Sephora oil blotting sheets are powdered. So they work like 2-in-1 products.
- Seal with a setting spray – A setting spray is like a magic wand! Move it around your face and you will be amazed to see your makeup survive harsh summers or those long dance nights. A setting spray is used after completing the entire makeup ritual. It is sprayed on from a distance and 2-3 times. It will result in less touch-ups. While there are many setting sprays available in market, go for one with a mattifying effect. You can even opt for their mini-versions to first try them out and see how they fare on your skin.